So, you love pancakes for breakfast. Who doesn’t? They are very easy to whip up, no chef-ish proficiency needed. And though it may seem very basic, you can actually mix your pancake variants up a lot.
You can choose to make them either sweet or savory, and you can have them on the go. They provide you with your needed carbs and taste better than bread—most of them anyway. And you can customize your pancake in taste, flavor, and toppings, depending on your mood.
That being said, you need to be armed with the best appliance to cater to your pancake whimsy. Your best bet is an electric griddle. It’s the perfect machine for the job with the following reasons, on which we will be elaborating. You’ll also be wondering what temperature to cook pancakes on electric griddle since it’s used for more than just pancakes.
Let’s look at the reasons why an electric griddle is you best friend for cooking breakfast.
- Durable—Competitive electric griddle models are designed for durability. They promise you a certain consistency and efficiency in cooking your favorite foods without the threat of breaking down just days later. Most of them are made to last, some even for many years.
- Non-stick surface—Cooking pancakes can be both easy and tricky. Not all pans are non-stick and can pose a particular need for oil and attention when making pancakes. When you’re not careful, half of your breakfast will stick to the pan. For electric griddles, their non-stick surfaces are a given. You might not even need to use oil – just brush a bit of butter to taste where you plan on putting the batter. Pancakes will just slide off without hassle.
- Size—Unlike pans that do the job one by one, griddles can cook even up to 10 pancakes at a time, depending on how large you make them. Imagine making breakfast for five people in the morning while working with a single pan.
- Cleaning—Most griddles nowadays are dishwasher safe. You can disassemble the plate from the body and pop it right in the washer with all the dirty utensils. And griddles come with detachable grease cups or trays that do that job of removing excess oil.
- Heavy duty–Not limited to pancakes, you can use a griddle for various food selections for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If there are only 2 or 3 mouths to feed, you can cook pancakes on one end and bacon on another. You could never do that with an ordinary pan.
Here are three of the least expensive, and most popular budget griddles out in the market.
Hamilton Beach 38518 Durathon Ceramic Griddle
- Dimensions: 4.2” x 14.2” x 25.8”
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Large 200 sq. in. cooking surface
- Durathon ceramic non-stick coating
- Materials used are PTFE & PFOA free
- Fully immersible
- With removable cord
- Adjustable heat
- Removable dishwasher safe grease tray
Getting 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon, this griddle has been given a perfect score by a remarkable 71% of its customers. It boasts a Durahon ceramic non-stick coating that is 4 times more durable than your standard griddle.
It has a large 200-square-inch cooking surface that can do all at once what multiple pans would do. It’s also PTFE and PFOA free, which gives it the safer edge compared to other products that raise potential harms to your health.
Presto 22” 07061 Electric Griddle
- Dimensions: 26.25” x 11.5” x 2.5”
- Weight: 6.5 lbs.
- Material: aluminum
- Large 22” cooking surface
- Removable handles
- Master heat control
- Premium nonstick surface
- Fully immersible
- Removable cord
- Comes with 1-year warranty
This popular and well-reviewed product boasts 4.6 stars, with 76% of its buyers giving it 5 stars. It stands in 2nd place among electric griddles on Amazon. You get a 22” premium non-stick cooking surface. It is very easy to clean and disassemble. Its master heat control allows you to adjust the temperature according to your cooking requirements.
Black & Decker GD2011B Family-Sized Electric Griddle, Black
- Item dimensions: 22” x 12” x 3”
- Item weight: 5.2 lbs.
- Material type: plastic
- Manufacturer: Spectrum Brands
- Comes with easy temperature control
- Dishwasher safe
- Heats up to 400° Fahrenheit
- With removable grease cup
Ranking 6th on Amazon’s best seller’s list, this product is a good value for your money. The Black & Decker Griddle gives you all the necessary features that you can ask for in an appliance. It may be inexpensive but it can do what a lot of griddles in a higher price range do.
It can whip up a large number of dishes in a breeze, and is dishwasher safe, making cleaning it less of a chore.